Social Media Guide
The WSC 2021 Congress will bring you the latest science, clinical trials and guidelines to stroke prevention, treatment, rehabilitation and support, from every part of the globe.
To enhance your experience and ability to connect with people virtually, we encourage you to share information about the Congress, and your participation in it, on social media – before and during WSC 2021.
The official hashtag for the WSC 2021 Virtual Congress is #WSC2021. Make sure to use the hashtag when tweeting to be part of the discussion.
How to share
Here are ways to share information about #WSC2021 with your network:
- Live tweet from sessions, meetings, and the exhibition. Be sure to mention @WorldStrokeOrg and use the hashtag #WSC2021
- Retweet, like, share or repost live coverage coming from the @WorldStrokeOrg / World Stroke Organization accounts.
- Post your pictures and share them in stories or post them using our hashtags!
What to share
- Tell the world you’re attending! And invite your friends to join.
- Use the below images to post to your channels, or update your cover photo, and help spread the word.
(Click on an image, then right-click to save or copy image)
Customizable Post Templates:
Join me at WSC 2021 Templates
I will be presenting at WSC 2021 Templates
A social media newbie?
Do you want to join the discussion but are you not on social media yet? Wondering where to start or what to do?
Our detailed guide below will help you follow the trending discussions related to #WSC2021 across all platforms.
What happens on WSO’s social media channels before, during and after a Congress?
The WSO social media channels:
- Provide all the general information + deadline announcements you need as soon as these become available.
- Provide all the WSO association – AND Congress – related information, announcements, and deadlines, keeping you in the loop of the latest developments on a daily basis – we make sure you don’t miss a thing about WSO!
- Bring to your attention the latest scientific developments/journals/articles within the industry worldwide.
- Guide you through the WSC Congress stages – call for abstracts, guidelines, registration process and deadlines, etc.
- Are there for you always to answer any questions regarding WSC!
- Create a worldwide online community by means of gathering everybody interested in WSO related information!
- Gather people like YOU – we are thereby able to create and maintain this connection between yourself and your like-minded peers and colleagues from all around the world.
- Re-share all WSC-related information that is being uploaded online and discussed – so by following WSO on social media we make sure you never miss a thing AND you get to meet new people!
- Provide latest updates and end-of-day Congress video highlights, interviews with ambassadors and speakers PLUS interactions with speakers and other participants. A chance for broader discussions post-Congress.
For these and many other reasons, you NEED to be part of WSO’s social media world!
Be sure to connect with us on:
The #WSC2021 hashtag
Stay connected and make the most out of this virtual adventure!
Make sure that you include our hashtags to your posts – then make sure you follow these hashtags in the social media’s search bars, so you get the latest developments and updates from ourselves and your colleagues attending #WSC2021 with you in real-time!
What is a hashtag, How to “hashtag” and why include them in your social media posts?
- A hashtag or this symbol “#” as it is more commonly known has become an integral part of social media.
- A hashtag is a label for content. It helps others who are interested in a certain topic, quickly find content on that same topic.
- Hashtags make it easier for you to discover posts around specific topics.
- They’re not just for Twitter anymore, either. Hashtags are effective on other social media platforms too. (Find more details on how to use hashtags for each platform below.)
How to use hashtags effectively:
- They always start with # but they won’t work if you use spaces, punctuation or symbols.
- Including hashtags in your posts means taking part in a conversation happening on that social media platform. And most importantly, it makes your posts visible in that conversation!
- For example, if you use #WSC2021 on your Instagram posts, everybody who follows that hashtag will see your recent post in their feed. You might gain some new followers this way as well – and thereby, connect with WSC-interested peers worldwide!
How to use and follow the #WSC2021 hashtag:
#WSC2021 – this is the official #WSC2021 Congress hashtag. Use it for all your Congress-related tweets.
Some easy ways to share information about the Conference with your network:
- Live tweet from sessions, meetings and the exhibition. Be sure to mention @WorldStrokeOrg (on Twitter) and use the hashtag #WSC2021
- Share your highlights from sessions, using #WSC2021 hashtag.
- You can also retweet and repost live coverage coming from the Conference on social media.
- Post photos and mention @WorldStrokeOrg, and use the hashtag #WSC2021 on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn. You can also like and share #WSC2021 posts with your audience.
- Take a selfie and show us what is your online conference set up for the virtual WSC Congress.
- Watch and share #WSC2021 YouTube videos.